Saturday, November 15, 2008

THE 40TH YEAR IS ALMOST UP!!!

Me at the infamous 40th Birthday Party shenanigans, counting all of my loot...




















Well, not quite. Not just yet. Not until April anyway. But, it HAS been a busy year possums, and more than a little overwhelming. I did the PWA Bike Rally again, and had a wonderful time, and we managed to raise over a million bucks this year, so that was really rewarding. All that biking managed to reduce my 185 lb. form down to a manageable 170 lbs, so I was RAATHER pleased about THAT. Well, actually I lost that excess poundage from biking and swimming I must say. Felt much better too.


So what happened you ask? What was I up to that made me disappear for so long? (HA! As if any of you noticed!) Well, I made some important decisions, one of which I can't talk about yet as it's still too early, and I'm far too secretive. (HA! Right!) Suffice it to say, it's the most important one, and you'll find out in the new year.


Secondly, I fell in love for the first time in seventeen years, and I kind of got swept away by it. It didn't work out, nobody's fault, it's just one of those things. He's brilliant and funny and sweet and kind, and drop dead gorgeous, but.......it wasn't to be. Sad, but one moves on, and I am. Still and all, we've managed to do the impossible, and that's to stay friends, which is saying something. Actually, it says a helluva lot. I don't think I could have managed that even five years ago, it would have hurt too much. Now, I don't know, I can sort of put things in perspective, and try and at least take the best out of these situations instead of the worst. I said I "try", I don't always succeed. But for the most part, it's succeeding, and I know I've always got him as a great friend, and I'm old enough (and smart enough)to know that you don't discard THOSE very quickly. You're lucky if you get five real friends in this life, and I've definitely had more than my share. Greedy guts that I am, I'm keeping them. Him too. Most especially him.

So I'll be back on this thing. I don't know what I'll write about, but I'm sure something will come up. Something always does....

No comments: