Monday, October 30, 2006

Oy Gevalt, Its Been Nutz....

Well, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I've been disappeared for pretty much the last month. Possibly more. But why? (They ask, sulking in dark corners...) Hark, I can hear your grumblings from here! Contrary to popular belief Possums, I haven't been abducted by aliens, Communists and/or the Scissor Sisters (although the last would have been rather fun, I must admit). Nor have I taken the veil and retreated to a cloister of blind Carmelite nuns who spend their time weaving lace and listening to underground broadcasts of TOP OF THE POPS on the BBC.

No mes cheres, I have been doing none of these things. What I have been doing is chasing the muse. And she's one tricky wench to catch, let me tell you. Butterfly nets and bear traps, she eludes them all. You see, I've been writing. I caught my blog up (as you can plainly see if you're reading this, and if you can't, then you're beyond the help of me, various mendicants and Hooked on Phonics) so you can read all about the PWA Bike Rally I got to do this year, and see a buncha pictures of it besides. Plus, I'm in the final lap of finishing the (he says with a laugh) rewrites on INTO CLEAR DARKNESS. After these, I'm sending the baby out into the world, to see if it lives or dies. We shall see. Then I start work (which I'm doing already by way of research) on my next project; the life and mysterious death of Kit Marlowe. I'm already through two out of five books on the man. Sex, espionage, poetry, genius and a 413 year old murder mystery.

So I've got my work cut out for me. And that's what I'VE been up to.

1 comment:

neatfreak said...

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Get out there and get that play produced, damnit! Dahlink, it's perfect and has been ready for production for ages!
Go out there and astound the world already! They need you... have you seen what's making it onto screen these days???
Oh, and then let me know the minute you have done it so I can raise a glass of bubbly in your name!
Boobs of love, Schmoo!
Neats