Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dear God, I've Been TAGGED!!!!

Great. I feel like a small dolphin. Or a white tailed deer at Birdshill Park in Winnipeg, wearing one of those goddamn earring tags, the size of which would scare Grace Jones. But no. My erstwhile compadre James Skyhigh Huctwith (not to be confused with that teenage superhero movie starring Lynda Carter) has passed on this.....errrmmm, lovely mini-quiz designed to make us seem more fascinating than we actually are.

Trouble is, I can't think of many things that people don't know about me. My life is an open book, to wit; I've blabbed it all before. Alrighty then, here are some things that people may NOT know about me.

1) I used to speak French, Italian, German and English. Now I can barely manage English on a good day. Oddly enough, substitute Latin for Italian, and those were exactly the languages my maternal grandmother spoke and wrote fluently. She died when I was eight months old. Nobody else in the family speaks or spoken anything other than English. It gets weirder. See # 2.

2) I was adopted when I was two months old.

3) I've never had a boyfriend. I did however, have a girlfriend in my early twenties.

4) My grandfather used to take my brother and I to school in one of his three combines on snowdays when we were kids.

5) Before I was eleven years old I won three art prizes, and had my paintings framed and hanging in banks. Of course, this is before I gave it all up for the stable world of the theatre.....

No comments: